Wednesday 9 December 2009

Magazine advertisement

I need to do some more research into magazine advertisements, like I did for the CD package I am going to produce another slide show to help me with this.



my magazine cover;


Once I had completed my CD front and back cover I took the same colour background and applied to an A4 sheet on Photoshop, for my maganize advert. I wanted it to be similar to the CD covers to show continuity from the animation to the CD package to the advert. The reason for this is so viewers will recgonise them separatly and as a whole. So I also decided to keep the writing the same, the messy painted red 'The Fear which is bold but is still in keeping with the animation. I used the same type face for 'Lily Allen' as this is similiar to her font used on the cover of It's Not Me It's You album, and the black contrasts with the background, making the writing stand out but not to 'in your face.'
For the art work which appears through the hands in the shape of the heart; I cut up the A3 sheet which was the animation and rearranged the main images closley together, I also added some black and red, the red shows the FEAR and the black contrasts with the other colours therfore making them stand out. Then I photographed a friends hands wearing bold jelwery which links to Lily Allen, because of her fashion style.
I choose this photograph because it is the best, her hands don't cover to much of the art and you can clearly see that they are formed into a heart shape, this links to the CD package and in turn the animation. I gathered my ideas for this from research I had previously made. This research is in the CD package slide in the blog entry before. I liked the idea of having the hand displaying the work, this links into the animation when you see my hand placing letters onto the page. 'The Fear' in also tilted fowards as on the CD covers, this shows a sense of depth which reflects the song, two ways you can take it.
Once I had cut out the hands I placed them in the right possision on the page then added the infomation that was needed. The other songs on the single, the instiution and the relivant websites. Overall both the CD package and advert have a simple style but I felt that this was in keeping with the animation, Lily Allens work and the the song.

Below are the other pictures I took of the hands;








I tryed out having the hands in different shapes to see what it would look like but I deffinelty feel the heart is the best as it shows links to both the CD package and the animation.

0 comments: