Wednesday 2 December 2009

Filiming

I got the camera and tripod from school at the end of the day and came home on Tuesday and started setting up the tripod and camera. I didn't realise that trying to get camera so it was over the top and so only the white A3 paper in shot was much harder than I thought. I had to tape the tripod to the floor by one leg so it didn't fall over and even then it was a bit wobbly!
Once I had finally got that all ready, with the camera attached to the tripod on all the right settings, I started.
First of all I started as I did before with some rip out from magazine's then developed it with random paint lines which later turn into musical notes. This is representative of Lily Allen's life things that have happen to her in the past she turned into a song.





Then using human interaction I placed on letters that spell sun, this displays the happy sun with pretty letters, but at the same time the media sun. The idea of using a human hand to place an item onto the work is to show human input, how it is created. This is also done in the Maccabees video that I have looked at. After the sun the mirror jumps onto the screen using different coloured stickers, this is the same as the sun letters, representative of an item a mirror, (which shows reflection which this song is for Lily Allen,) but also the mediated mirror. To show the media mirror and the sun (newspaper) more obviously I have incorporated a rip out of the mirror/sun heading. This appears in the animation gradually.





Musical notes appear through out to show that music is very important aspect to the song, and Lily Allen. The drawn musical notes created with a permanent black pen are messy and appear on the animation in a slightly backwards way this is to show the down sides of the music industry and although its great it brings a lot of bad IE the negative media.
The first beads are the same colours used in Lily Allen's music video of The Fear. This shows links to her video and also the idea that in her music video she has precious things, and this necklace is precious to me. This also links into the research I have done for a magazine advert and CD digipak, random items creating one whole image.





The purple heart is see through so you can see the musical not behind and where I have place it shows the love for music, at the end of the note.
The cupcake is an image I used in my draft animation, I thought this was a good image as cupcakes are an aspect included in Lily Allen's real music video and it also fits into the paisley colour scheme.





The light yellow paint covering the newspaper title represents that Lily Allen doesn't care, covering over it but then it still manages to reappear, (when I pull off the newspaper later, leaving the stickers showing 'mirror.')
The gem flower and heart show more nice things like Lily Allen's actual video.
The beads at the end forming a imperfect heart then quickly deforming shows the fear that something will always be wrong even with all these lovely things around.







The idea of the asitate at the end is so I can inform viewers of the song and who created put still keeping the conntiuity and feel of the animation.
Orginally I was going to paint over the whole animation in red to show the fear using the connitations of the colour red but then I decided to try out tilting the camera upwards to show different angels and again a sense of space like the zoom which I previosly explained. This shows links to the Maccabbees music video which I looked at.





Now for the editing I have put all of the pictures onto my memory stick ready for tomorrows lessons were I will talk to my teachers as to create my animation on a mac or use windows movie maker like I did for my practice animation. Then I will up load the pictures to which ever is decided and firstly cut out the images which are not suitable. The ones where the flash decided to go off or there is a shadow from me leanign in to much. I looked thrrough all of the images and there only a few which are like this so that shouldn't take to long.

0 comments: