Wednesday 16 December 2009

first evaluation

On Tuesday's lesson we got told that the previous deadline was not the final deadline, which I kind of new already. The final final deadline is the 29 Feb.
The task was to analyse another persons work, under the same brief. (music video) I looked at someones work and gave them feedback which will hopefully help then. Anna looked at mine and this is what she had to say;
Possible changes;
- perhaps edit photos at beginning, end with lighting in photo shop to create non digetic lighting eg stage lights perhaps (fade in fade out) - this is an idea which I may try

- chorus maybe use bright colours in photo shop to emphasise the energy and emotion of lyrics - especially with the beaded heart, perhaps red effect fading out as heart is scrunched up - this is a good point I will try this one!

Strengths;
- pace - wouldn't change the pace as I feel it fits in with the song and somehow makes the lyrics more powerful - I am not going to change the pace I am happy with it as it fits into the song beats well

- the pastel colours are appropriate as its a gentle song with the piano

- the red text included in the newspaper strips is perfect, the connotation and subtle effect of this really works and relates back to the song

- I feel that at times the jerky movement of the camera works as the lyrics of the song are quite quirky and it all fits in with the pace and piano. - I didn't mean for this to happen but I agree it fits into the song and style of the animation.

CD Back, possible changes;
- I don't think you need 'the fear' written on it just the track names are relevant as its the back. Maybe the examiners may think you over use this effect. - I feel that this is an important point which I will take into consideration when reviewing everything.

- maybe song names bigger - something to experiment with

- bar code stands out, maybe colour the white to match your background - I thought this when creating it but all bar codes have to have a white background

- maybe the scrunched up beads would work as the front is the heart but as the video shows the back could exaggerate the fear of 'heart' - I am not going to do this as I am showing this but the other way round, the heart undamaged and not scared and then on the back the truth the heart is in fear!

CD front;
- love the front

- only thing id say is either make 'the fear' bigger or just have it on the your advert because not all CD covers include the track name - may do this!

Advert;
- maybe make hands bigger? - I like the hands the way they are, because you can see the jewelery and a bit of the arm which makes the image a hole, but I could always try.

- I like the layout just perhaps enlarge things to us up the gaps - yes I will try this because I agree there are a few blank areas.

- maybe take lots of shots of the heart hands opening up and merge them all together? I am not over keen on this idea but it has inspired me to other, I could take a series of photographs with my friend who did the advert with the same jewelery forming them scrunching her hearts to and from a heart shape. I will have to try this after the holidays.

This constructive criticism has helped me a lot I am going to get a few more people to analysis my work and see what they have to say, particularly males as the target audience is female, would they enjoy it anyway?

Also because we have an extended deadline I know I have time to experiment and create more components for my digipak and I can re-look at the advert to see if I can make it better. And the main thing is the animation, my friends and teachers who have looked at it have all said that the beginning is slightly boring as there is not much going on, the second half is great, and most people don't like the ending where the camera tilts to see 'the fear' background. Once I have got more people to analysis my work I can make some decisions on what to do to improve my work.
Mr Smith showed my a stop motion animation which is complete different to mine but it could give me some ideas.

The photographs of a photograph is a great idea and the cut outs of people is something I feel I need to experiment with and the way they 'walk' across the page.

0 comments: