Saturday 19 September 2009

musicandmuffins Conclusion

I visited musicandmuffins twitter but it doesn't have anything on it, so i checked out her art website www.musicandmuffins.deviantart.com the idea of the stills from the videos is an idea I may use for my CD cover or advertisement in the magazine.


Look How They Shine For You by ~musicANDmuffins on deviantART

This is a still from Coldplay's, Yellow animation.


ARGH by ~musicANDmuffins on deviantART

This still I don't recognise from a animation I have seen, but I like the style of writing.

Whilst searching musicandmuffins website on devian art I came across AdREUBLIKA


Yobot by ~AdREPUBLIKA on deviantART

This is a simple, brightly coloured image, with a bold background and it gives me ideas for my video.

I continued to look through this persons art work and really like there quirky style


Doodle Art by ~chaxelos on deviantART

This image doesn't include colour but is so busy it doesn't need to, this art work is skecthy and gives me ideas for the all three aspects of my project.



This is my favourite image I have seen so far its imaginative, includes colour and black and white bold lines. The style and characters are int resting and different. I am going to use this as inspiration in all three aspects of my project. I will also research more on the devian art website for other inspiring images when I research for my magazine advertisement and CD packaging.


Musicandmuffins has inspired me in different ways. I love the bold outlined, skecthy drawings with splashes of messy colour of symbolic items. Although there are aspects I feel are not to my taste. These aspects are the fact that all the songs which musicandmuffins produce videos of are all about love and i feel this is not a road I wont to go down. I wish to cover a different issue which my target viewer can relate to. I want to incorporate more detail and movement into my videos by including different medias such as rippings from magazines, photographs, pictures and maybe sequins and more colourful in genral. Although the simplistic idea is still something I want to include, I will experiement with these aspects to see what direction I am going to go in.
A massive thing that musicandmuffins and the other few animations I have looked at is that they all include all of the words. Once I have decided on a song I will pick out the key words which the audience can relate to and maybe incorporate them.

I am going to research more animations to gather different ideas.

2 comments:

Mr Smith said...

Emily, now you've posted these videos you need to offer some analysis of them. Also try and analyse the originals. Foundations features stop motion whilst mouthwash requires a degree of cultural knowledge in order for the Starlight Express references to make sense yet both feature Kate Nash prominently in them.

Try and note down their conventions as if you are making a video for Kate Nash or Lilly Allen it would be logical that you would follow the conventions of their earlier work.

Mr Smith said...

Oh and if you want to use animation the latest Coldplay video for Strawberry Swing is an excellent example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9X5jMofEo