Sunday 3 January 2010

CD digipak

Here I decided the most practical idea would be to place the beads onto an actual CD case to get a much better sense of the size and therefore the overall look. I placed the CD onto a white piece of paper, went through all of the beads again picking out the best ones, (explained below.)
Then I photographed them;







Media Beads




I still feel, looking at the two images above that I need to selected a smaller colour palette for the photograph to work, and link into my other work, I am going to use the large red beads as this shows the connotation of the fear. Also to show continuity I am using the same necklaces and extra beads of the same type, along with a few others which are similar colours.
Again this is to close up, I am having the same problems as I did before.
As you can see from the photograph above the box I was using was to small, I will have to try the beads in a different way.
The lighting is to bright on the photograph above.

I really like the image above but I feel that because the picture was taken very close up, because the box I was using was very small, by the time I would have edited it to be the correct shape for a CD case you would only be able to see a few beads.

The above image shows the issues of size, first of all I used a rectangle box, which was to big so I decided to try out a different container.


These images above and below was using millions of beads millions of different colours I feel that this was to bright and in-your-face for the style of my animation and other elements, especially the other CD images. So I picked 1 by 1 which beads I wanted to include, by colour.

0 comments: