Monday 5 October 2009

Theory - The Royal Tenembaums

In lesson we watched the opening to the film The Royal Tenembaums, we anaylisised the text and looked at the siblings using two of Roland Barthes codes; semantic and culture. This activity made me relise how important the codes are and who much time and effort is taken into the appearences of characters. So that the director portrays their character correctly to get the right message across.

I will have to think very careful about what colours and images I use to get the right message across. I have already decided to use the sweet pastel colour that are used in the offical music video of The Fear by Lily Allen as this shows a link between the two. Once I have experimented with images and use of colour I will analysis my work taking the codes into consideration, especially the semantic code.

0 comments: