Thursday 1 October 2009

Idea

I have just had a great to experiment with paint splatters created using a toothbrush. I got this idea from some postcards that were on my table. I can experiment with different colours when I start drawing and creating for my video.

First of all I tried using red ink, the ink works well although I feel the red gives the impression of blood, so if I develop this further I will try using a different colour. I put on two splatter images onto flickr but it would not let me have the embedding code so I have put them on through the blog.





The second attempt with red was more successful as I used less ink;



Then I tried a green colour using acrylic paint and water, the colour splatter across the page is abstract and I like way you can see the hand applying the splatter using a paint brush I think it gives it a 'real' feel. Once I have experimented with other designs I will photocopy them and try splattering paint over the top to see what it looks like.

2 comments:

Mr Smith said...

Emily, can you create a flickr account and get photos of this experiment online.

Emily said...

I have got an account I am not sure of how to use it though so I will ask in the next lesson