Tuesday 6 October 2009

Magazine CD advertisement - Research

Once I have decided on the image for the CD package I will devise a magazine advertisment page which links to my video and CD package. My advert will be a one page spread maybe incorporating the atcual CD. But I might just incorporate the style and design of the video to again show links between the three.

I have looked in Q magazine which has a great abstract advert for JAY-Z, the first page, which has a white background and a collection of musical equipment tightly composted in the centre in a large heep. The simple colour scheme of white, black and red is a great idea to focus the viwer in but not over power them. I am not over keen on the other page as it is extremly plain, although it does work and does capture the idea. If I was to re design this advert I would somehow incorporate the writing on the image page to create a singular page advertisment.



I am going to continue my research of magazine advertisments and find some of Lily Allen's advertisments to take inspiration from the style.

0 comments: