Monday 26 October 2009

Drawing

To experiment with drawing I put on the version of the fear that I am doing on YouTube and listened to the song whilst drawing with simply a pen and paper to gather some initial ideas. These ideas were not very successful so I watched Lily Allen's music video of the fear and noted down ideas and thins that inspired me.
- the blue, pink, green, yellow and peach paisley colours. I have experimented with these colours, creating them from my acrylic paints.
- the way the camera spins when Lily has walked into the mansion. I could spin my animation at this point or some other time, I will experiment with this.
- the sentences include 'film stars' includes bright colours

- the idea of using cupcakes

- the presents and the way the mansion is wrapped in a red ribbon tied in a bow at the end, also Lily is wearing a dress with a large bow and the presents have ribbon and bows, I may experiment with bows as a iconic in my animation.

I borrowed a camera from school for the weekend so I could photograph my ideas and put them onto a mac and see what they look like using fast pace editing, this will also give me a better understanding of timing for each image and what looks the best. I experimented with musical notes, newspaper, tape, background, paisley colours, red paint, picture of Lily, glitter, beads, gel pens and cut out of images relating to the song.


The introduction is 8 sections long, then the first line comes in, I wanna be rich and I want lots of money. I have just had the idea of having rip outs from magazines, no particular images or articles. then images fall onto the page from magazines, then on rich a £20 pound note drops onto the background contrasting with the other images. Still having the pastel colour scheme used in her video and every now and then an injection of red.

The next line - I don't care about clever I don't care about funny, the video could be drawing around or on the £20's.

I have had another idea to use as the background a Sun and Mirror newspaper, I bought a Mirror newspaper from the shop, (they didn't have the sun, I'l pick it up tomorrow) I am going to have a read and a look through for more ideas and inspiration.

4 comments:

Mr Smith said...

Emily

If you take a glance at Anna Shepherds blog you will see that she has created a photographic animatic for her video. I feel this is something you will benefit from. I am sure that Anna would be more than happy to share her technical knowledge with you if you are unsure of how to do this.

Well done on all the hard work you have done and for overcoming the obstacles placed in front of you. Both Mr Ford and I are proud of you.

Emily said...

Thank you. I have got the camera from the libary and this weekend I wil draw and photograph my ideas so then I can talk to you and Mr Ford about things that I am unsure on and how to get started on my animation.

Mr Smith said...

Emily.

There are some good ideas but try not to be too literal in your video otherwise you might end up with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0DXK6BQe2U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlbFMQ-Or_o

Emily said...

ok its going to be nothing lyk that lol!!