Friday 5 February 2010

Ethnographic model

Using the ethnographic model (try and separate it into the three areas highlighted) evaluate your own text. Have you inadvertently prevented certain 'audiences' from accessing your text? Write your reponse ....

My text is effected by 'stress 1' the fact that anyone who doesn't have the internet will not beable to view my text as it is a viral music animation. But at the same time this breaks the stress because it can be watched at any time so there no limit to what type of person watches it because of there lifestyle. Although my animation would have to be seeked out even if the viewer has seen the CD which means I have a smaller audience but a more interested one.

My text also fits into second 'stress,' genre that has gender appeal, my music video is deffinetly a mostly female audience. This is because of the content of the text. There is no eye appeal for males, such as no females half naked, the male gaze. Also Lily Allen is a femist pop artist writing songs for females to relate to, this is the most widly distributed genre of music. This adds to the publisty of my music video because Lily Allen fans will be introduced to stop motion.

The third stress, is complicated to my text, because the music is for a female audience, but the stop motion aspect, in this model would be suggested to be male as males apparently have a better understanding of complex technogoly. There is also the divide of infomation rich and infomation poor. My text is for the ricj infomation audiences because mine is on the internet and infomation poor would

0 comments: