Friday 13 November 2009

Practice

Using the photos I had taken previously and using school software (windows movie maker) I create a minute long clip by setting each photo to be 0.04 seconds long I to create a animation which is 1.14 minutes long I used 208 photos so I worked out that I will roughly need 795 photographs. Next I will have to work the beat along with words, so when I have created my animation it goes and will fit together.



The bits I like and dislike about my practice stop motion animation -

I spoke to my teacher about my ideas and he suggested two videos to me. I said to him that I want it be a piece of art by the end of the song. The tone and style will change though out but in the end it will come together, like a story. This is a video he suggested from me saying that to him. Ukraine's got talent, an artist who manipulates sand to create hundreds of different images.
This women won the Ukraine's got talent, the way she uses sand to create these drawings which evolve and change is amazing. Although I am not creating an animation out of sand the idea is fantastic and the way that it is art tell a story through music.

The other music video in stop motion animation is precious time by the Maccabees, but unfortunately this You Tube clip has disabled embedding, so I can not put the video in to my blog, here is the URL link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBL3j5TPvY8 this music video also embodies the artistic qualities and tell a story. This video is very relevant because it uses real life photographs of the band and shows the hands creating the animation. These are two aspects which I am going to incorporate into my animation. There is an enormous problem with this though I can only use photos which I have taken of Lily Allen and the only ones I have are taken from too far away or blurry so they are not going to work, I will talk to my teacher about this in my next lesson, Tuesday.

Like the Maccabees stop motion animation video and all of the music and muffins animation they have no camera angles apart from in the Maccabees video which incorporates an upwards angle when the camera moves to look out of the video. Because I am only photographs the only angles I will have is a downwards shot, I am going to get a camera and tripod for school and get filming over the weekend and the beginning of next week. The reason for using a tripod is so the camera is still to avoid as much movement of the image. I will also tape the piece of paper which is going to develop into a piece of art work like the Ukraine got's talent winner. I am going to use my wooden floor as the background and I use a zoom technique into the paper. This is the only camera technique I am going to have. I feel the contents means that camera angles are not necessary and would detract the attention from the main focus the animation.

2 comments:

Mr Smith said...

http://smithlcmedia.blogspot.com/search/label/Stop%20Motion

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBDd5ouvbCk

This is a link to the Maccabees stop motion. It includes all the elements you want in your video

Emily said...

Ive been really unwell, I will come see you tomorrow to talk about it